Even though I constantly buy brushes and brush sets – I have never actually put up a REVIEW post on any sets or combo packs before. I fell head over heels in love with all four of these brushes in the Flawless Base Set from Real Techniques – and the fact that they come in one consolidated set just had me so keen to put up a review. I did ask on Instagram and the majority of people said yes, they loooove this kind of post. So I am definitely going to do it more often!
The Flawless Base Set contains the following: (I am posting exactly from the website as to be super specific)
- contour brush: for delicate application of highlighter or contour product above or below cheekbones
- detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas. Tip: use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
- buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of loose or compact powder foundation
- square foundation brush: densely packed + unique cut to build custom coverage with liquid foundation
- brush cup: keeps brushes organized on your counter
So those points are taken directly from the website. Now, these are my bonus points, after having used them for almost a month.
- contour brush: As far as I know, this brush is exclusive to this set. And. AND. I may very well purchase another set based solely on this brush! Above, it states it is for delicate application. But I find it also packs a whopping punch if you are going for more of an intense look. It also has the perfect head for applying highlighter. And that is exactly why I may purchase another set!
- detailer brush: This is meant for concealing and lipstick but I have found it PERFECT for brows and lips!
- buffing brush: I feel the same away about this buffing brush as I do about the contour brush. OBSESSED. I think you can buy this one separately, and, if that is the case, I will be buying another very soon. It is completely non streaky and overall works like a dream.
- brush cup: I did not realize it came with a brush cup – even thought it very clearly states it online AND on the packaging – and truth be told, I think I would have been a bit meh. BUT… it is so useful! It is a white branded rectangular brush holder and it comes in SO much useful than I would have otherwise expected.
I purchased my Flawless Base Set from Clicks online when it was R360 on a 20% off special over December. It is currently available for R450 which – divided by all 5 ites – is less than R100 an item! Considering the cheapest Real Techniques brush is R105, this is a major bargain
I will ALWAYS recommend Real Techniques as a brush brand to anyone who asks. I own brushes from Zoeva and Sigma – some of the best of the best – and they are amazing, buy RT continually knocks it out the park! Affordability, consistency and good quality is what I think of when I buy from them.