Spring officially hits us on the 22nd. Yes. It isn’t actually from the 1st September. It certainly is not feeling like Spring yet in Cape Town but hopefully it hits us soon! And in – near – celebration, I put together my top eight favourite lip products for Spring 2016.
Usually with lip product posts I arm AND lip swatch each product. For this, I am only doing one large arm swatch. Please forgive me. Also, these are in no particular order.
- IMAN Cosmetics Luxury Lip Shimmer in Muse – This shade is to die. To die. Lipgloss is making a total comeback for Spring 2016 and this is my all time favourite. Aptly named ‘Muse’ because Iman was YSL’s muse back in the day, this shade suits every and all skin tones. Also, gone are the days of sticky gloss. This is a revolutionary non-sticky formula that I have never found in a product before.
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Flirtation – The perfect coral pop of colour! I did a full review on this range of lip colours here and I am still just as obsessed. These lip shades are vibrant and super hydrating on your lips. And the range consists of loads of Spring inspired colours!
- Benefit Cosmetics Ultrashine Lipgloss in Patootie – Again with that lipgloss life. My friend Kayla sent this to me in our last International Beauty Box Swap. This was before Benefit relaunched in South Africa. And while I was happy to have a Benefit goodie, I wasn’t too keen on lipgloss. Upon the first application I was hooked. Patootie is a stunning pale pink and the formula is non-sticky. I am pretty sure the lipgloss range is not available in SA as yet. When I hit the UK in December I am definitely stocking up on a few of these!
- Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Geranium – Revlon. Again. The entire Ultra HD range contains shades named Geranium, Poppy, Tulip, etc etc. Does this tell you something about the range? Heck yes. The floral names are accompanied by super Spring 2016 inspired shades! I own about six of these and I love them all. Geranium just happens to be the most ‘Springy’ shade. As with the HD Lipcolours, these are super hydrating. They actually feel half like a lip balm, without the sheer effect.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Milan – One of the creamiest and long lasting lip products of all time! I am not crazy about the Butter Gloss range, but this range is errrthang. The pale pastel side of the range are super Spring appropriate. I also love the scent of them and they last ages. They do tend do crack up if your lips are dry though! So be sure to keep your lips hydrated and moisturised.
- M.A.C Lipstick in Kinda Sexy – Of course a M.A.C lipstick makes it onto this list. Kinda Sexy is a peachy shade which actually suits all seasons. It is super wearable and lasts for hours. You just don’t get any better than M.A.C!
- L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Flirt – A pink shade suitable for a spot of Spring brunch. A gorgeous yet subtle shade and the lip paints are just so darn cute. I struggled with the formula a bit at first, but they apply great if you use a lip brush.
- essence prettifying lip oil in first help, pink – essence released three different shades of their prettifying lip oil. There is red, pink and yellow. I prefer the yellow because it merges in with your lips and just looks clear. The pink however adds a pop of shine and colour to your lips, leaving you Spring ready!
Thanks for reading! What are some of your personal Spring 2016 inspired lip products?