My favourites this month were suuuper difficult to narrow down as I have accumulated so much new make-up since the beginning of February as I have had lots of International Swaps going on (I need to curb my addiction) and I have discovered about twenty items which have become favourites of mine BUT of course they are not available here so I wasn’t sure whether to include them or not. I personally love reading about overseas brands but I know a lot of people are not interested in make-up that they do not have easy access to. Therefore I decided to go ahead with my Monthly Favourites and also include a few international favourites for fun.
1. L’Oreal Revitalift Cream – I do not yet own the full size version of this cream but I was in dire need of a new moisturising cream, I had seen this collection raved about AND Rubybox was selling sample sizes of tons of products so I literally bought 60 samples of assorted products (I clearly have a problem) and I fell in love with this cream. It can be used in the night or day and it isn’t too rich but you can still feel that it works nicely for moisturising and hydrating. If you wait about five minutes before applying your make-up then it does not leave your face feeling slick or shiny. I will definitely be buying the full size version once my final 28 sample sizes are finished..
2. Lee Stafford Hair Growth Conditioner – I cannot say that this conditioner speeds up hair growth but it is the conditioner that I turn to when I need that boost of umm well, a conditioning treatment? I love the way it smells and it works perfectly for thin and medium thickness hair. I find that I can use this with a shampoo other than Lee Stafford and it lasts about three days before I need to use dry shampoo or wash it again. I only wish they produced it in bigger bottles. R105 for a 750ml bottle is a tad pricey when you have hair as long as mine but it is so worth it.
3. The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee Body Polish – I have mentioned before how I am not reeeally a shower/bath product kinda gal but oh my gracious this is the nicest shower product I have EVER tried. The smell is breathtaking – a gorgeous vanilla bean – and the exfoliating beads are just the right size for an invigorating exfoliation that does not feel like you are leaving small pebble shaped dents in your skin. A little of this lotion goes a long way – which is a good thing because you will find yourself wanting to use this every day and night.
4. GOSH 404 Kabuki Brush – I have had this kabuki brush for about a year now and I completely forgot I had it until I ran out of bronzer brushes last week on Brush Cleaning Day, and I realized that I still had this little cutie. When I purchased it last year it cost me R120 and I used it absolutely every single day for a few months. The brush is soft yet firm and picks up just enough product on the bristles to be spread smoothly and evenly across your face. You can use this for powder, bronzer or blusher but I find it works best as a bronzing brush on your temples, forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. I am definitely back to using this on a daily basis.
5. rubybox.co.za – I bounce between two foundations throughout the year and this Borjois Healthy Mix serum is my go-to whenever I am having a good skin day. It is light and offers medium coverage but is also buildable if you are needing a bit more cover. It almost feels like a BB cream, just thicker, BUT with that being said it feels very light and almost like you are not wearing any foundation. And that officially doesn’t make sense but at the end of the day Iove this. If you are looking for a medium to full coverage then I would recommend the serums sister product; the foundation.
I’ll keep these next three short and sweet. But I will just say that I am obsessed with all three of them and I wish we had these readily available.
1. Face Of Australia Budge-Proof Gel Eyeliner – This tiny little pot is super long lasting and the colour is the darkest black that doesn’t smudge in the slightest. It comes with a crappy ‘brush in lid’ which I would generally never use but I was desperate and ended up using this brush and lets just say its not so crappy after all. Super small and easy to carry in your purse. ($9.95)
2. Face Of Australia Bronzing Powder– The perfect matte bronzer that I have been using for contouring and it literally lasts me about six hours before needing a touch up. I have also mentioned before that I LOVE this super huge palette. Although not so great for carrying in your handbag as you can see from the crack. ($11.95)
3. rubybox.co.za – I finally got my hands on a famous Chi-Chi palette and its already up there with my favourite products. It stands for everything you could want in an eyeshadow palette; highly pigmented, buttery shades, great colour selection, deep eyeshadow pans and very little fall out. Love love love. ($22.95)
Thanks for reading! Leave me your March Favourites links!